Cargo Pricing

Submit your questions here.

Moderator: Tregonsee

Cargo Pricing

Postby Framis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:28 pm

I've seen the other thread on "planetary economics" that has some formulas for cargo demand at planets.

A few more questions on cargo and pricing.

Does the size/atmosphere/hydrographics of the source and sale planet influence cargo pricing when I sell? (i.e. is all Terraformed cargo the same and all COlony cargo the same)

Does the price vary if I undersell the max? I know that if I oversell, price goes down.
Framis

Re: Cargo Pricing

Postby Tregonsee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:59 pm

As far as I know, source/sale planet habitat does not influence price. If you sell less, it also does not influence price. You will be told the maximum amount the planet will buy.
Tregonsee

Postby Yngir » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:57 am

So if you sell 1 cargo or 500, as long as you remain under their demand, the price doesn't change?
I was about to do some small amount sales this week to test for an optimal sell amount, but if you say it doesn't, it will save me a few actions :)
Yngir

Postby Tregonsee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:07 am

When you make a sale to a planet, it will say how many cargo units the planet wants. If the amount you are trying to sell is greater than that amount, then the planet will only buy that amount.
Tregonsee

Postby Blackwill » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Yes, you can't sell more than the planet requests. If they request 58 cargo units, and you try to sell them 100, they will only buy 58, and at the same price. Price is increased by increasing the infrastructure, and amount requested can be increased by adding POP and (I think) MUs.
Blackwill

Return to Questions & Answers